Since PI 7.31 SAP introduced Eclipse tool for ESR. Since that time SAP conducted some major development and since PO 7.5 we have fully functional 3 perspectives available in Eclipse:
- Enterprise Services Repository for design objects
- Process Composer for process modeling,
- Process Integration Designer for scenario configuration
Below you will find a step-by-step guide on how to take first steps in configuring NWDS for PI/PO developments.
- Run NWDS and once it opens navigate to:
Window -> Preferences -> WebServices -> Enterprise Service Browser
Then, fill in following fields:
- ESR System with SID of your system
- ESR Host
- ESR Http Port
- ESR Https Port
2. If you’re running NWDS ESR tool for the first time (and since you’re going through this tutorial I assume you are 🙂 ) you need to add a new perspective. To do so click on the Open Perspective button and in the pop-up window select Enterprise Services Repository as presented in the screen below.
3. Once you added new perspective you can select system you want to connect to (1), click Connect to ESR button (2) and provide logon credential (3) as in the attached screenshot.
4. Once you log in you should see list of your software components as in traditional SAP WebStart UI.